[Grok-dev] Re: shortcut to methods

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Mar 19 15:11:34 EDT 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
> JSON certainly is basic enough to support it from the Grok core.
> My suggestion to put it in a separate package for now was so that we can
> play with it and possibly other solutions (using simplejson, jsonserver,
> etc.) without introducing too many dependencies in Grok for now and
> without keeping Grok itself in too much flux.

Sure, that, or a branch.

I hope we can avoid big dependencies like jsonserver, by the way, but
then again, trying to do that is where I got lost in the publisher.

simplesjon is small enough to be fine as a dependency (plus TurboGears
already made sure it's available on the cheeseshop and so on). Perhaps
with hints from you and/or Christian Tim can get further. I certainly
hope so! I simply tried to make something like the XMLRPC method view
but then one that returned JSON.