[Grok-dev] Re: an 'about grok' document

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Mar 26 04:11:43 EDT 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote:
>>> Hahaha, sounds great. I wish I could contribute here but I'm a poor
>>> artist. By the way, there's also a "ME GROK SMASH" action shot (in which
>>> Grok uses his big club to smash something) that hasn't been used yet. I
>>> think Martijn has it.
>>
>> I think it would be cool to use this image to do something like "ME
>> GROK SMASH .NET, Java, Ruby, Perl etc :D.
>> Or even something contrary to what Ruby on Rails proposes. It would be
>> like: ME GROK HURTS...hurts other web frameworks like.... But we need
>> to make sure it will hurt =).
>
> Would be fun, but I don't think it'd be very productive. :) People might
> get offended, and to say we beat the other frameworks is like shouting
> ME GROK CHALLENGE YOU!!! very loudly.
>
> Instead we just want to show why Grok's good for you. People can
> conclude by themselves whether Grok is actually better for any
> particular purpose than any of our competition.

+1

We're not the street bully who wants to or even needs to challenge
others. Grok was created to solve problems. I'm not afraid to say, in
fact I'm actually proud to say, that we've looked at other solutions in
the process of creating Grok. If Grok should do anything then thank them
for the competitive inspiration.