[Grok-dev] Re: heading layout on website

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Thu Mar 29 07:57:32 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Thanks Kevin for getting the website started and for the design.

Thanks Philipp for putting the www in svn.

I've just committed an update to grok/www. Hopefully my small effort
with grok2html.py which I have committed to grok/doc will make updating
the site easier. Currently grok2html.py can be used in the grok/doc
directory like this:

python grok2html.py about about_grok.txt > /path/to/grok/www/about.html

If my code is accepted then I propose changing about_grok.txt to
about.txt and the first argument (an identifier used when generating the
menu) can be dropped and deduced from the filename.

The script uses docutils and zpt (zope install needs to be on python
path) and a template.pt which I built using current design. I've added
meta tags 'keywords' and 'description'.

Also I propose that it be known that any edits to the html only be made
to the rest text files and the html regenerated.

It would take only a few more lines of code to generate all pages with
one command.

I've created index.txt also in grok/doc so that index.html also is
generated with grok2html.py. The index.html that I have committed was
generated from the index.txt that I created. I have checked it against
the original index.html as best I can (esp. links) but I hope someone
else will also double check for me.

I hope this is useful.

Sincere regards,
Darryl Cousins