[Grok-dev] Re: catalog weirdness in functional tests

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon May 7 09:52:11 EDT 2007

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
[snip]
> In case the catalog is setup like in 1), this test passes. If I have a
> catalog setup like in 2), the test fails with:
>
>  ComponentLookupError: (
>  <InterfaceClass zope.app.catalog.interfaces.ICatalog>, '')
>
> Well, uhm, no clue here... Maybe anyone has an idea?

Unfortunately I don't. I know the tests *can* be made to pass, as I did
so. Have you made sure your imports are right inside the tests? As you
know that easily leads to tests that seem to be correct but really try
to get the wrong stuff.

> (what I found
> slightly worying, but maybe this is completely unrelated to this
> issue, is that the ftests in grok that test the catalog by way of
> grok.local_utility does not need any clean up, whereas the ftests for
> grok.Indexes *do* need all kinds of clean up...)

I think perhaps the other tests also need clean up, it just doesn't
result in test failures if you don't, or something like that... I must
admit that this area mystifies me a bit.