[Grok-dev] Registering a factory as a grok.GlobalUtility fails

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed May 9 08:03:02 EDT 2007

Hi,

I want to register a (content)factory using grok.GlobalUtility.
However this fails during grok time with an maximum recursion depth
exceeded error. I can reproduce it with the following functional test
(in a module called 'factoryutility'py' in 'grok/ftests/utility'):

"""
  >>> import grok
  >>> from zope import component
  >>> from grok.ftests.utility.local import *
  >>> grok.grok('grok.ftests.utility.factoryutility')
"""

import grok

class ObjectFactory(grok.GlobalUtility):
    grok.implements('IFactory')
    grok.name('objectfactory')

    def __call__(self):
        return object()

Do I do something wrong here? I have, again, no clue...

kind regards,
jw
--
Jan-Wijbrand Kolman