[Grok-dev] Re: What is Grok anyways... time for a name change? :)

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu May 10 03:44:27 EDT 2007

On 5/9/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> "Zope Grok" (different fonts perhaps for Zope and for Grok), including
> the circle-Z logo somewhere perhaps (I need to check whether that's okay
> trademark-wise first, though). Below it: "Now even cavemen can use Zope 3".

People in the Zope world will soon know what Grok is anyway. People
outside the Zope world will probably not be attracted to Grok if they
know Zope is involved. Even if you try to say "Grok removes the pain".

And people who doesn't know Zope3, will soon discover it as soon as
they start looking into Grok.

So from a marketing perspective, I'm guessing it's probably better to
NOT make it look like a Zope-thingy.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64