[Grok-dev] Re: Do these pictograms make sense?

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Thu May 17 13:53:49 EDT 2007

17 maj 2007 kl. 19.37 skrev Luciano Ramalho:

> Single hierarchies are *never* satisfactory for all users. That is why
> Ranganathan invented faceted classification about 70 years ago:
> information always needs to be accessible in multiple ways.

I agree. I am not sure I posted it, but what I would really like to
see is:

-The five categories with sub categories
-Searching by keyword/tag
-Full-text searching

That way one can have a more dynamic set of interactions with the
content.

> Of course, access is one thing, storage is another. For storage we are
> forced to choose one hierarchy. But the storage hiearchy does not need
> to be the only  navigational hierarchy, or the main one.

> In our case, in think storage should be organized in a way that makes
> sense for people who are already users of Grok, and who are more
> likely to contribute to the site. For those who are just discovering
> Grok, there should be an obvious way to navigate using what you call
> the life cycle approach.

Do we know how many people are likely to be contributing for the
first say six months?

> I gather the "next suggestion" you just mentioned is a new structure
> you are about to propose. If so, then I'll wait to make specific
> comments on it.

Exactly. Next iteration will be "complete" so you can give feedback
on the real deal.

Sebastian