[Grok-dev] Skinning/themeing

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Fri May 18 11:18:16 EDT 2007

On May 18, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> On 5/18/07, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:

>> For this, I think we should embrace Deliverance. :)
>
> I don't agree. And one reason for that is that viewlets get
> complicated, because you need to make a separate http request for each
> viewlet.

I wonder if figuring out some small IResult pipelining might be an
interesting compromise.  Of course, you lose the "mind share" and
"existing software" arguments that Martin gave for Deliverance, but
you gain greater flexibility because of the access to the transaction
and ZODB connection, and there are lots of interesting stories you
can tell with intermediate results that are not strings but nodes
(i.e., lxml).

Gary