[Grok-dev] Re: Skinning/themeing

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon May 21 13:15:12 EDT 2007

kevin at mcweekly.com wrote:
> By default, Z3 viewlets have no sort order at all. I think default
> ordering by definition order in a module sounds great, but I need code
> today.

Oh, understood. I'm not telling you to change your code now. I'm just
pondering what we should be doing in time.

> When starting to use this in production, I didn't find it confusing or
> cluttered. Default ordering by class name means one less directive to
> code, one less directive to remember.

Real-world use is of course a good data-point. I just find the numbers
in the class names in order to order them ugly... I hope we can do away
with these by taking the in-module order in the future.

> I don't think it's as big a sin as it's being made out to be, especially
> since it's easily overridden. :)

I'm not saying you're sinning. I'm just thinking we can probably do
better, but that'll take time, more work, and more thought. Agreed?