[Grok-dev] Re: Organizing the further development effort

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu May 24 14:54:19 EDT 2007

Malthe Borch wrote:
> Implementing a simple language-handler much like Philip's example 11.3.1
> (World Cookery), I thought about how one would do this in a grokkish way
> and where this could be documented and/or shared.

This is a good question. I am not familiar with this example. If it fits
in the Grok core, it should be part of the Grok core documentation. If
not, we need to start thinking about a way to document Grok (and/or Zope
3) extensions on our website.

Grok extensions we typically check into svn.zope.org and give them a
'megrok' package name.

> Is work being done in the department? Perhaps we could aim for something
> like the jquery website. Great documentation would also spawn some
> attention to the project as a whole.

I agree we need great documentation and this should indeed be a
priority. We need to make progress on the tutorial, and the reference
needs some care to make it useful too. I'm in charge of the tutorial
efforts (so far I'm mostly in charge of myself :), and Jan-Wijbrand
Kolman is going to work on the reference.

I would love for there to be more work done on the website. We had a
huge discussion on this last week, and Sebastian Ware was working on a
new website structure and layout. I hope there has been progress.
Sebastian? Where would be put information on extensions?