[Grok-dev] wanted: volunteer to check out z3c.form

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Fri May 25 02:48:47 EDT 2007

Hey,

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 21:01 +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just read a message by Stephan Richter that he and Roger Ineichen have
> developed a new form framework called z3c.form.
>
> There is room for a volunteer to take a look at this and see whether it
> could fit into Grok. While I'm reasonably happy with zope.formlib and
> the widget framework as it stands now, there are certainly some dark
> corners in there and it could be improved. Perhaps this new form
> framework is it. Somebody please investigate, experiment and report? :)

I haven't experimented and I've only read through 3 of the 5 'must read'
doctest files (there are also 3 'advanced user' files and 5
'informative' files yet to read). I'm impressed. I remember my first
reading of zope.formlib.form.txt and being overwhelmed. This has been
the opposite experience.

The demos are impressive.

I'm on GMT+12. Has anyone taken part in an online sprint? Is such a
thing possible? I would be willing to set aside time to take part in
such a sprint to 'grok' this package. I will need some nursing.

The description of zcml.txt includes: "... make it easier to register
new templates without writing Python code". I gravitated to Grok because
I'd rather forget the zcml and write Python code.

Sincerely,
Darryl