[Grok-dev] [off-topic] request to improve zc.relationship docs (was Re: Implementing an N-to-N relationship)

Fernando Correa Neto fcdoth at gmail.com
Mon May 28 13:53:16 EDT 2007

Hey,

On 5/28/07, Gary Poster <gary at zope.com> wrote:

> On May 28, 2007, at 1:00 PM, Fernando Correa Neto wrote:
>
> > I remember that reading the zc.relationship book (README.txt :-) ) was
> > something difficult to get (not impossible).  As Martijn said, it's
> > low level and for my application at that time, was something that I
> > couldn't afford.
>
> As an aside, I recognize that the zc.relationship index docs are a
> bit daunting.  To some degree it is because it is a low level tool.
> OTOH, I'm sure it could be improved, and contributions to improve the
> docs would be quite welcome. :-)
>
> The plone.relations readme (package based on zc.relationship) is at
> least more fun: http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/plone.relations/
> trunk/plone/relations/README.txt

Yes I've read this document some time ago and I think it wasn't
complete as it is now.
Seems to be reasonable and in a very good shape in the form of
plone.relations implementation.
BUT, when I look at something like this:
http://source.schooltool.org/trac/browser/trunk/schoolbell/src/schoolbell/relationship/README.txt?rev=4528
In the  Quick Overview section, I would still consider something easy like that.
I understand the power of zc.relationship, I am just wondering how
possible a Quick Overview would be for the improvements in the
documentation of zc.relationship.

Cheers,
Fernando