[Grok-dev] Re: Implementing an N-to-N relationship

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Mon May 28 16:18:31 EDT 2007

On 5/28/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> We don't have a relationship system for Grok. Yet. This is something I'm
> personally quite interested in as well. If this is going to come up a
> lot with your project, I'd be happy if you did some work on this. :)

The Creator-Book example is the only N-to-N relationship in the Kirbi
model so far, but it is a crucial one for decent metadata
representation. I also think it is a nice example because everyone
understands about books and authors, or movies and actors.

> We should also definitely look at the zc.relationship package. It's a
> very powerful package that can do a lot of references work. It's low
> level but we should definitely consider this as a basis for any grok
> reference implementation.

I will study zc.relationship and come back with my impressions/questions.

> Finally, there is RDF. It makes sense if you took a look at how RDF
> models relationships. Not because we want RDF support any time soon, but
> to check whether we aren't leaving out something important.

OK!

Thanks for the pointer to Alec's work with zc.relationship in Plone, Martin.

Looking forward to hearing from Vidar

Cheers,

Luciano