[Grok-dev] returning the contents of a page template in a method

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Mon Nov 5 09:51:30 EST 2007

 From a pagetemplate, you could call it like this:

   <tal:block replace="structure view/the_object/@@myappform" />

Where self.the_object is set in the update() method of the view class.

To call it from code you want to use "getMultiAdapter".

Try something like (not tested...):

      the_view = zope.component.getMultiAdapter((content, request),

ITheInterfaceImplementedByView, name='name_of_view')
      the_view.render(params)

Search for "getMultiAdapter" in the Zope 3 source code and you will
probably find some sample code etc.

Mvh Sebastian