[Grok-dev] Re: AW: Re: Grok 0.11 released!

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Nov 9 08:43:25 EST 2007

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Friday 09 November 2007, Roger Ineichen wrote:
>> Hi Tres
>>
>>> Whoever released those two eggs (the '.dev-r#####' ones) need
>>> to release "real" updated packages, and then grok 0.11.1
>>> should be released using them.
>>>
>>> DEATH TO FAUX PACKAGES!
>> As far as I understand, this does not happen if you
>> depend on a KGS, right?
>>
>> Does the grok release not use the KGS from Stephan?
>
> I agree with Roger, Grok should use the KGS and all will be fine. ;-)

It can't because you guys broke a dozen packages when you split up some
of the zope.app.* packages. I'm going to fix this now.

Also, I have a couple of beefs with the "locked down index" approach to
the KGS. For instance, if we use the Zope 3.4.x KGS, how would we lock
down the version of the grok egg? Or simplejson, z3c.flashmessage and
all the other Grok-specific dependencies? Create our own locked down
index? I don't think so.