[Grok-dev] Re: Grok 0.11 released!

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sun Nov 11 01:40:31 EST 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
>> Hmm, ok. I wasn't aware that they were in our versions list already.
>> Then I'll take that back :).
>
> Actually, it looks like we did leave the 0.10 versions list. Some
> versions were specifically updated before the 0.11 release [1]. So I
> think we should've made sure we had stable releases there before moving
> on the with the release.

Yes, we had a separate 0.11 versions list already. We did the work with
versions.cfg on the trunk first, and then backported to 0.10 to produce
the 0.10 release. We tried to stick with the 0.10 list for the trunk,
but it turned out that wasn't possible.

For 0.10, we tried to get rid of the -dev packages quite hard, but
unfortunately we couldn't maintain that on the trunk. You'll note that
the original versions.cfg that we started on the trunk unfortunately was
quite messy. We're quite aware that it shouldn't be so, but it's a lot
of work to get it right so we're taking it step by step.