[Grok-dev] Re: newbie question: megrok.five status

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:05:08 EST 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 8:24 PM, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
> Because Zope 2 doesn't look exactly like Zope 3? :)

Well, no, but there are many similarities, and because Grok provides a
level of abstraction above it would be possible to get much closer to
the elusive goal of code that run on both.

> The most common use case here is "Grok-with-Plone" or maybe
> "Grok-with-CMF". I don't see many compelling reasons to use
> "Grok-with-plain-Zope2", since "Grok-with-Zope3" already fulfils pretty
> much all of what you could get there anyway.

This is definitely true. We need Zope2 today pretty much because we
need Plone. But with Grok-on-Zope2 be very different from
Grok-on-Plone?

Then again, I'm not sure Grok as a "compatibility layer" is the way
forward. But I think it may be.
http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64