[Grok-dev] grok feature list

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Nov 15 18:14:09 EST 2007

Hi there,

I think it would be good if we published a list of Grok features to
grok.zope.org. It also gives us a good opportunity to find things to
write blog article about. So, here is a start:

* auto-escaping in templates to guard against XSS attacks. :)

* the ZODB, store plain Python objects.

* ZEO: transparent scale the ZODB over multiple machines into a cluster.

* catalog: index Python objects in various ways (field index, set index,
fulltext index) and find them again efficiently.

* flexible object publishing: modify the way objects are published by
traversers, etc.

* powerful, battle-tested template language built-in: ZPT

* extensible with other template languages (how's that megrok.genshi
release coming along anyway, Lennart? :)

* at home in the egg-based world.

* XMLRPC support.

* JSON support.

* REST support.

* great extensibility and pluggability story thanks to the component
architecture

* lively community

* caveman with a big club