[Grok-dev] Re: WSGI, Repoze and deployment questions

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 02:05:57 EST 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote:
  > I understand Philipp with grokproject and/or zopeproject has done some
> work to integrate paste and WSGI.

As far as I understand Philipp's ambition is to have grokproject look
very very similar to zopeproject. When that's the case (and we need to
help him of course), zope will run as a WSGI app and by default use
whatever WSGI server Paste uses.

I did at some point use zopeproject to see what the minimal steps were
to turn that "zope based" project into a "grok based" project. I
remember it took only a little work (I should've written something down
of course). And all the WSGI middleware goodies were available like you
expect them to be.

In other words we're very close already - we "just" need to update
grokproject to look like, or based upon, zopeproject. Which from a
maintenance standpoint is worthwhile anyway.

That what my suggestion would be at least.

Disclaimer - I did read Tres' reply and it sounded very interesting. I
just didn't look at repoze in detail yet.

regards,
jw