[Grok-dev] Re: Neanderthal sprint topics

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 11:41:45 EDT 2007

On 10/2/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> Not really. I just did a very simple hack to get Genshi working. I
> don't know it well enough by far to suggest some good patterns. All I
> know is that it should feel natural to Grok *and* Genshi developers.

Not being a Genshi developer, I wouldn't know what is natural. :-)

> Genshi uses the "push" model for templates (the view code pushes the
> data that the template needs into the template, rather than ZPTs
> fetching the data they need). I very much like "push". In Grok we
> typically have "semi-push" where the view class prepares data as
> attributes of self in update() and the the template accesses it as
> view.foo. So Genshi templates need to at least get the 'view' object,
> and the 'request' probably too. Perhaps 'context'.

So far so good. :-) We probably need to make the push story slightly simpler.
But basically, it works now, except of course, you don't have any path
expressions, mening you can't find any other views an call them, and
that would be useful.

But that's probably for another day.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64