[Grok-dev] Re: Admin UI name change suggestion

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Thu Oct 4 11:47:49 EDT 2007

"Jan-Wijbrand Kolman" <janwijbrand at gmail.com> writes:

> Maybe we can introduce a grok.ApplicationRoot that will "take over"
> the zope root, where grok.Application retains the current behaviour?

I hesitantly vote: -1

Because I might be wrong, but: since a "grok.Application" is really
just a Zope 3 "Site", can't they nest?  Having one of your Grok apps
at the root wouldn't, then, prevent you from placing other apps inside
of it.  But I could misunderstand the whole thing.

If I'm right, there's still the question of: "how should Grok act if
it starts up and sees both an empty ZODB, *and* that the developer has
declared more than one grok.Application?"