[Grok-dev] Re: buildout: how to include grok-dev?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Oct 8 11:39:00 EDT 2007

Uli Fouquet wrote:
> I am currently trying to separate the admin-UI from grok, putting it
> into a separate package/egg.
>
> The package will have its own buildout and will depend on grok.
>
> Due to I am not too familiar with buildout, I am looking for the correct
> way to include a devel-version of grok - at least for testing - into the
> grokadmin buildout.
>
> I could build everything matching the 0.10 version, but that does not
> make sense to me, because the 0.10 version is out and does not support
> an external grokadmin package. Furthermore I would like to make use of
> new features like the modified permissions mechanism.
>
> How can I tell buildout to fetch a developer version of grok (and the
> approriate eggs)? I hope it is possible to do that in a way, so that
> people, that check out grokadmin, will get the right packages when doing
> bin/buildout on the grokadmin package.

Add an svn:external to the root of the grokadmin package:

   grok svn://svn.zope.org/grok/trunk

Then, let zc.buildout know that you want to get the 'grok' egg from that
directory (instead of the cheeseshop) by appending the directory name to
the develop line in buildout.cfg:

   [buildout]
   develop = . grok

(The 'develop' line lists directories with setup.py files in them,
meaning, it specifies the locations of development eggs.)