[Grok-dev] Re: IErrorReportingUtility component lookup error

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Thu Oct 18 16:09:10 EDT 2007

Hi there,

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Could you fix this on the Grok 0.10 branch? We then need to do a 0.10.2
> release of this (and the versions list).

Luckily, the grok release is allright :-)

It's a problem related to projects created with grokproject (or other
third-party frameworks) only. There's not much, grok itself can do.

To circumvent the problem, we could require zope.app.error 3.5.1 in
projects created by grokproject (modifying the templates) and would
therefore have to update grokproject (not grok itself).

The more reasonable solution from my point of view would be simply to
upload zope.app.error 3.5.1 (which is already available on cheeseshop)
to http://download.zope.org/distribution. Don't know, why it can't be
found there, although it should according to
http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/MakingARelease.

Unfortunately I do not know, who is responsible for maintenance of
zope.app.error, or whether there is a good reason not to upload it.

Best regards,

--
Uli