[Grok-dev] Re: REST branch ready for review

Kevin Smith kevin at mcweekly.com
Mon Oct 22 12:58:15 EDT 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
> This is indeed surprising. It's because if you *don't* assign a
> grok.REST class to a particular layer, it'll use the IRESTLayer by
> default. This means that *all* REST skins will share this.
>
> I wonder whether this is really analogous to the behavior of skins and
> layers? Does anyone know off the top of their head what happens if you
> don't put a grok.View subclass into a particular layer? Does it then
> exist in all skins?
It is applied to IDefaultBrowserLayer. Currently, yes it is inherited by
all skins. At one time there were two separate proposals, one to not
inherit from IDefaultBrowserLayer and another to remove
IDefaultBrowserLayer entirely. I vote to eliminate IDefaultBrowserLayer
entirely once we officially replace the ZMI with GMI.

Kevin