[Grok-dev] Application Distribution HOWTO

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Tue Oct 23 04:53:20 EDT 2007

I don't create eggs for my applications. I just install Grok on the
production server using grokproject, make sure it has the same
application name as on the dev server, and manually copy the source
code files and static folder (alt. you could update your code on the
production server using CVS or SVN).

Grok works very well as is. Since it is built on Zope 3, you will
find that 99% of the code is production quality. From what I
understand the biggest issue would be that the API's might change
slightly until the 1.0 release (which is due soon). Also, some new
features are in the pipe.

Mvh Sebastian