[Grok-dev] Re: some actual deployment questions

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Thu Oct 25 17:27:38 EDT 2007

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>
>> Previously Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
>>

> <snip>
>

>> Plone relies on the standard Zope virtual host mapper, which is
>> installed in all Zope2 instances by default. Nothing special or weird
>> about that.
>>

> Not that part ;)  The weird bit is the *extra* access rule which makes
> the must-be-one-and-only Plone instance the apparent "root" on port 80
> (in a Windows install, at least).  I stubbed my toe on that one today,
> in front of a customer, no less.

I think that's only done in the Windows installer to accomodate people
there who can't easily setup an apache or other rewriting frontend
server. I sure hope other installers don't install that - it can indeed
be quite painful.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net>   It is simple to make things.