[Grok-dev] Possible sprint topics

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 09:22:50 EDT 2007

Hi,

Just now I was able to confirm my attendance at the Neanderthal sprint
with the organizers.

I'm looking forward to it!

I thought it might be useful to compile a list of possible sprint
topics. It really is not my intention to bypass any more formal attempt
to organize the sprint, but I did want to write down what I was thinking
about. I'm not even sure if this is the appropriate place to discuss the
topics. Maybe there's wiki or something somewhere that we should use for
this?

Anyway, this is what I could think of (in broad terms!), but there's
likely much more...:

* Security; make the Grok security "policy" optional/configurable.
   Partially related to this:

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.grok.devel/885

* Integrating the work done on supporting skins & layers. See also:

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.grok.devel/361
   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.grok.devel/623
   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.grok.devel/715

* Continue the work on how to define permissions and roles. See also:

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.grok.devel/2004
   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.grok.devel/1958

* Continue the work on making it easier to write (f)tests for
   applications written *with* Grok. See also:

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.grok.devel/1749
   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.grok.devel/1752
   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.grok.devel/1781

* Associating additional info to events (probably more of an Zope-3
   issue initially). See also:

   https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/98483
   http://jw.n--tree.net/irclogs/%23grok/%23grok.2007-09-04.log.html

* Reference documentation.