[Grok-dev] Re: A plan for removing the fields inner class support

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Thu Sep 13 07:42:44 EDT 2007

On 9/13/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> Dude... Just remove the whole grokker! All it was there for was to set
> the default values. I don't know why you wanted to keep it around at all.

Because I saw the other method-less grokkers right after it, I thought
the component_class attribute was needed for some reason:

##############
class ModelGrokker(martian.ClassGrokker):
    component_class = grok.Model

    def grok(self, name, factory, context, module_info, templates):
        for field in formlib.get_context_schema_fields(factory):
            setattr(factory, field.__name__, field.default)
        return True

class ContainerGrokker(ModelGrokker):
    component_class = grok.Container

class LocalUtilityGrokker(ModelGrokker):
    component_class = grok.LocalUtility

Can anyone explain how this works?

Regards,

Luciano