[Grok-dev] solving buildout problems - pinning down eggs

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Fri Sep 14 10:14:05 EDT 2007

Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> writes:

> We need to have, and use, the facility to "pin down" Grok's
> dependencies to specific version numbers.  This means we need to
> produce a complete list of *all* of the egg versions that grok is
> using.

That won't break things even more often?  I thought that PyPI by
default removed access to old versions of a product once a new one was
submitted - or, since all Grok dependencies are either our packages or
those of the Zope 3 project, are we trusting them to upload correctly
and leave old versions accessible?