[Grok-dev] First Experience with Grok

Shane Hathaway shane.list.grok-dev at hathawaymix.org
Fri Sep 14 18:18:13 EDT 2007

David Pratt wrote:
> I'd argue that Zope 3 is a framework but without one that doesn't impose
> limits with what you might want to do with it. It is not really
> 'contained' like any other framework. Maybe the framework without a
> frame :-) It is only configuration that explicitly binds your work
> together. I find it a natural place for a python programmer but others
> may disagree. Zope 3 may not be well marketed - but is it excellent?
> Certainly. Twisted is another example of this. Fortunately for folks
> that wish to dig deeper in Zope 3, Grok's ease ought to at least attract
> them to consider the journey. I am happy that Grok provides this
> opportunity and a welcoming community. :-)

Thanks.  I know there's good stuff in there begging to be used.

Unfortunately, I just had a slightly disappointing experience.  I
entered an invalid URL and got a 404 error based on the Rotterdam skin.
 Ugh!  IMHO, the Rotterdam skin is an example of something Zope 3 does
badly.  I don't want the Rotterdam skin to exist in my site.  What is
the best way to remove it?  I hackishly changed some ZCML, but is there
a maintainable way?

Shane