[Grok-dev] Re: solving buildout problems - pinning down eggs

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Wed Sep 19 09:39:19 EDT 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote:
>  Baiju M wrote:

> >> I can report that zope.lifecycleevent 3.4 *still* blows up in my
> >> face with a fresh buildout (no CHANGES in 3.4.0). I thought we'd
> >> fixed this so I wonder what I'm doing differently.
> >
> > 'ZODB3' is not a direct dependency of 'zope.lifecycleevent' , but
> > it has an extra test dependency on 'zope.app.container' . And
> > 'ZODB3' is a direct dependecy of 'zope.app.container' . So, if you
> > "buildout" , 'zope.lifecycleevent' it will fetch 'ZODB3' ;)
>
>  I don't understand what you mean here. I'm not trying to buildout
>  zope.lifecycleevent directly,

Sorry, I thought it otherwise from your sentence.  I didn't look at the
context.

>I'm just building out a grok
>  application that, through grok, has a dependency on the
>  lifecycleevent package. If I switch the dependency back to 3.4.0a, it
>  does work.
>
>  That said, I suspect it's a caching issue where it's not getting this
>  package online but in my buildout download cache. If 3.4.0 was later
>  released as repaired without any newer version number, this could
>  explain my problem. If this indeed happens, it's a good argument to
>  release a newer bugfix version instead of a repaired version, as that
>  would've flushed my cache.

The problem is due to a mistake I made while uploading
//zope.lifecycleevent 3.4.0//
( http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2007-September/023499.html )
I should have bumped the version to 3.4.1

Sorry again,
Baiju M