[Grok-dev] LocalUtility Woes

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Fri Sep 21 17:12:31 EDT 2007

Sebastian Ware <sebastian at urbantalk.se> writes:

> 17 sep 2007 kl. 18.31 skrev Kevin Smith:
>
>> Perhaps I'm missing something.  AFAIK if a new LocalUtility or
>> Index needs to be added to the Application object, I need to delete
>> it and re-create it.
>
> This one is going to bite mine too :(

I just got bitten as well.  And, since I'm new enough that this email
thread didn't make sense when I read it earlier this week, it took me
two hours today before I remembered seeing the word "utility" on the
mailing list and realized I needed to delete and re-create my app.

Of course, once I'm no longer running off the ZODB, my Application
will get re-instantiated each time I re-start, and this problem will
disappear for my particular case.  But I'm not there yet. :-)