[Grok-dev] Proposal: Flint, a simple Grok-based CMS

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Tue Apr 1 10:18:30 EDT 2008

1 apr 2008 kl. 15.55 skrev Kamon Ayeva:
> Yes, this is great news.
> We need something for the out-of-the-box experience, and that will
> sell the Grok way of doing.
>
> What I like about Grok is it lets you selectively introduce what you
> need to build your own app.
>
> A Grok-based CMS could be an example implementation of the best
> practices using Grok.
> What is most important for my use cases, in addition to TTW content
> types and of course a minimal workflow, is a default user management
> infrastructure and a default catalog.

I agree with all of the above except that I would rather see that the
TTW content configuration was done by special TTW configurable content
types. That way one can:

a) choose not to implement TTW configurable content types
b) avoid some of the overhead and complexity of such content types in
a bare bones configuration

mvh Sebastian