[Grok-dev] Re: [Gsoc] Grok RDB integration (Gsoc student: Rama D. Chavali)

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 04:37:58 EDT 2008

On 03/04/2008, Aroldo Souza-Leite <asouzaleite at gmx.de> wrote:
> My name is Rama and I attend the University of Houston and am majoring in
> Information System Technologies.  I have been learning Microsoft SQL Server
> and Visual Basic for the past year but recently started working with open
> source software.  I have been introduced to Zope, Plone and Python from a
> friend and would like to learn more about any of them.  Using SQL Server, I
> am building database and online management system as class project.  I would
> like to work on a project for GSoC that would help me further my
> understanding of Zope, Plone and Python.

You need to define your project more precisely. Zope does
RDB-connections and there are numerous high-level packages to make it
easy and transaction-safe.

That said, I'm sure there's a benefit in having a grokkish approach to
setting it up. Did you have something like sqlalchemy ind mind?

Or is this perhaps related to a nozodb-setup?

\malthe