[Grok-dev] final sprint report - please review my branch!

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Thu Apr 3 11:55:31 EDT 2008

I came down with the flu as PyCon was ending, and by the end of the
third day I was the only person left sprinting, so I never did get out
a final sprint report, so here goes: I finished creating a new version
of Grok that, instead of providing its own basic component classes,
uses the ones defined in "grokcore.component".  Everyone should review
the branch to see whether the changes I made can be merged into Grok
trunk and whether this can become the basis of the next version of
Grok.

We have not yet released "grokcore.component" on PyPI, because first I
want everyone's assurance that the branch looks good; if there are
problems with how I've split things up, I'll probably have to change
both Grok and "grokcore.component" to repair the damage, in which case
I'd rather do it while they are both still in Subversion than having
to re-release. :-)

Check out the branches here:

   svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/grok/branches/brandon-grokcore.component
   svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/grokcore.component/trunk

If you grab the former branch, then it includes the latter as an
svn:external for now.