[Grok-dev] Re: final sprint report - please review my branch!

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 8 17:58:35 EDT 2008

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
> It is as long as you're fine with actually creating new classes. If
> you'd want to make existing classes implicit contexts, you're out of luck.

I'm not sure whether this use case is very common, but it might be one.
It'd be interesting to come up with some real world scenarios where this
requirement comes up.

[snip]

> I like the IGrokContext idea. It's just as simple as subclassing
> 'Context' (which we can still leave around). Sounds like a win-win
> solution.

True, I hadn't thought of the use case you mentioned, but using an
interface would fix this.

Anyway, I'm still don't think we should be in a rush to get this fixed,
but grokking based on interface should be a feature for the longer term
todo list in Martian, and it shouldn't be too hard to implement as far
as I can determine.