[Grok-dev] Re: Recipe for "egg-like" reuse?

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed Apr 9 06:51:18 EDT 2008

Sebastian,

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> Now I am pretty sure that I am having problems with the grokking
> process. If I move my edit view from AddApp to MasterApp then it is
> found by the publisher and all is well.
>
> In other words views defined in MasterApp are working as expected, but
> views defined in AddApp seem not to be registered. They are however
> processed in some way since I will get an error if I choose a non-
> existing class as grok.context().

Did you include the necessary ZCML-fragment in your buildout.cfg as I
told?

    <include package="addapp" /> <!-- NEW ENTRY -->

Otherwise your AddApp won't be grokked on startup. No views, no fun. If
you have defined an application in AddApp, this should also show up in
the admin-UI then.

Kind regards,

--
Uli