[Grok-dev] Re: Recipe for "egg-like" reuse?

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed Apr 9 08:29:20 EDT 2008

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> I did <include package="AddApp" /> (when it should have been "addapp")

In your case, it seems that::

   <include package="protoncms" />

is needed in site.zcml/buildout.cfg.

You certainly noticed that you have to give a package name here, not a
project name.

> and when it didn't work I was trying other ways, eventually ending up
> with an entry
>
>    <grok:grok package="protoncms" />

You shouldn't have to fiddle with ZCML files for this. That's what Grok
is for. Including the package as shown above should be sufficient. Don't
forget to rerun buildout afterwards.

> in configure.zcml. I have reverted to your suggestion and it works
> equally well. Now I am only struggling to get the grok.Permissions to
> work again. I have defined:
>
>    class ViewContacts(grok.Permission):
>      grok.name('protoncms.EditUser')
>
> But I still get the error "Undefined permission 'protoncms.EditUser'".

Did you define the permission in the protoncms package? In the same
module where you use 'grok.require('protoncms.EditUser')? Does the
failure show up at startup? I must confess, I get a bit confused here.

Kind regards,

--
Uli