[Grok-dev] Re: Curious, anyone implemented SOAP-style web services w Grok?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Apr 15 01:58:20 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:27:22AM +0200, Sebastian Ware wrote:
> 14 apr 2008 kl. 11.20 skrev Christian Klinger:
>> there is a package on zope subversion. http://svn.zope.org/soap/
>> I don´t know whats the state of this package.
>>
>> I have tried it 19 moons ago. It worked but it has no ootb
>> wsdl creation.
>
> I am kind of thinking that the automagic WSDL thing is half of the point
> of a SOAP implementation...

This depends on how you work with SOAP. As "their" holy cow is a good
toolchain, you would create a UML model, that would generate a WSDL which
would generate wrapper code.

There are tools in Java-land that generate WSDL from code, but Python doesn't
allow enough type inference before runtime, to do this.

You could still go for an ad-hoc style and annotate your SOAP
requests/responses with XSD information.

We (at gocept) are currently investigating in better SOAP support for Zope 2
(which will be done in a way that it works both with Zope 2 and Zope 3).

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany