[Grok-dev] Re: cannot install a Grok app that uses "megrok.kss"

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Wed Apr 16 18:33:35 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> writes:

> You need this in your buildout.cfg:
>
> extends= http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-0.11.1.cfg
> versions = versions

Thank you, Martijn!  I actually discovered this an hour or two before
seeing your email post, but that was exactly the problem: for some
reason, a little group of what I had *thought* were new grokprojects I
had started all lacked these two lines.  I wonder if one of my
machines had a grokproject so old it didn't "see" the most recent Grok
or something?  Anyway, thank you, the lack of the versions document
was exactly the problem.

Why, again, aren't we normal Python citizens who just put version
information right in the setup.py? ;-)