[Grok-dev] Re: Grok in Zope 2: Paris Sprint first day wrap up: Success! (Kinda)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Apr 25 20:42:44 EDT 2008

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> Oh, and we want comments on naming too. five.grokkers? five.grok?
> five.something else?

I think 'five.grok' might be a good idea, if it aims to look similar to
grok. Instead of 'import grok', you can then do 'from five import grok'
and expect the same base classes in there (or perhaps a subset). So then
you can do 'grok.View' as usual later, even though the ViewGrokker in
question may have a different implementation. If it doesn't have a
different implementation (such as grok.Adapter), it's just an import
redirect away.

That said, if this is somehow going to make implementation more
confusing, there's always 'from five import foo as grok', so don't feel
bound to this if you have trouble.