[Grok-dev] Re: grokui.admin 0.1.1 released

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Aug 6 10:20:30 EDT 2008

El 6 Aug 2008, a las 16:05 , Uli Fouquet escribió:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Uli Fouquet wrote:
>>> Plans:
>>>
>>> * Move all to `++grokadmin++`
>>>
>>>   Next step is to move all functionality into an own URL namespace
>>>   like `++grokadmin++`.
>>
>> It's technically a good idea not to interfere as much as possible and
>> therefore put things on this traversal namespace. However, I think
>> from
>> a practical perspective, it would be a bit more useful if
>> grokui.admin
>> simply put all its views on a special layer, say, IGrokAdminLayer.
>> Thi
>> layer would be part of the Grok default skin, but you could easily
>> opt
>> out of it and with one big bang, the whole admin UI was disabled
>> (very
>> useful for production), but you could still get at it manually,
>> e.g. by
>> using the ++skin++ traverser (e.g. when you're trying to debug a
>> running
>> instance).
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> That sounds exactly like what I want :-) I was not aware, that there
> is
> a Grok default skin. Where is it defined?

There isn't one. I'm suggesting we introduce one.

We should try to see how this cooperates with the z3c.form effort.
z3c.form also defines all its views in a special layer, so when
megrok.z3cform and grokui.admin are installed at the same time, you'd
probably want both layers to be activated by default.