[Grok-dev] updating grokstar

Vincent Fretin vincent.fretin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 14:19:33 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I hear that grokstar still only works with 0.12, not 0.13, correct? Could
> this be updated? People are looking at this as a sample application, after
> all.

Hi all,

I saw gstratton has updated Grokstar to 0.13. Indeed it works now.
I had my zope svn access today. My first commit was to update Grostar
to use eggbasket and z3c.autoinclude to simplify the installation of
Grokstar when you don't use the buildout.cfg.
I want to use Grokstar for real. So I tested how to serve Grokstar
with apache with mod_wsgi and repoze.grok and updated the tutorial.
I can't use Grokstar right now because it lacks a simple
authentification system. I didn't look in details in the code until
now, neither in LoginDemo, nor PlainLoginDemo.
I have an idea to post an entry via MMS with picture. I've already
send a MMS to a MMS decoder written in PHP, so I know it's feasible.
I found there is a library python-mms on Pypi that should do the job.

First my priority right now is to finish my i18n tutorial I'll add to
grok.zope.org soon.
--
Vincent Fretin