[Grok-dev] grokproject throws up error

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Aug 25 08:11:12 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Welcome!

Murtaza S Husain wrote:
> I am new to both linux and grok. So your help will be appreciated.

Thanks for your feedback! It looks like you didn't install the headers
of Python itself, which are needed to compile some of the extension
packages that Grok needs to function (they're needed to install any
Python C extension).

You can install the 'python2.4-dev' package on Ubuntu to make this work.
One way is to use the package manager. On the command-line you can do:

$ sudo apt-get install python2.4-dev

After this hopefully things should install smoothly, but if not, please
do let us know again!

P.S. Do we have the python-dev requirement documented somewhere on
grok.zope.org? I think we should update the main tutorial text...