[Grok-dev] grokproject: paster support in trunk now

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Wed Dec 10 04:30:49 EST 2008

Derek Richardson wrote:
> Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>> Derek Richardson wrote:
>> Hi Derek, i just changed the trunk to make configuration files use
>> absolute paths. Starting the instance from different directories and
>> paste configs should work now.
>> One thing to remember: startup.py assumes that .ini and zope.conf files
>> are in the same folder (global_config['here'], thats the location of the
>> paster .ini file). If you want to change that behaviour please let me
>> know. The zope.conf file could be read as well from the package/etc folder.
> Would it be possible to have the location of the zope.conf file
> configurable in the paster.ini so that it defaults to the same location
> as paster.ini but could be manually set to be at a different location?
> That seems like the perfect solution, to me.

Decoupled paster .ini and zope.conf locations in trunk now.

There is a global default 'zope_conf' now in the ini file. It is preset
to the ini file directory: %(here)s . Change its path to the zope.conf
folder if different.

Changes affect etc/*.ini and src/project/startup.py files.

Regards
Michael

--
http://blog.d2m.at