[Grok-dev] Dependencies

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Dec 23 11:03:04 EST 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> That would be good. I think it should be possible to factor out common
> registration functionality (basically the ZCML actions) that
> grokcore.component can then also use, instead of implementing its own.
> Note that this would actually *add* a dependency to grokcore.component,
> but we'd gain the ability to use the ZCML directives too without
> depending on the above packages, so we're willing to make that sacrifice
> for the Good of the People. :)

You could just use this:

http://static.repoze.org/zcmldocs/

and

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/repoze.zcml/0.1

It allows subscriber, adapter, and utility directives.  It also disuses the
global component registry (it does not call provideInterface; this may need to
be revisited, as honestly I'm not sure I even understand what provideInterface
does).

- C