[Grok-dev] grok directive for only grokking during development mode

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leorochael at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:38:53 EST 2008

+1 to grok.tag('sometag') (wasn't it going to be 'label' before? :-)

As for:

> <grok:grok package="." include_tags="a b" exclude_tags="c d" />

I don't much mind the attributes as long as we can make them as
unnecessary as possible. for that we could do:

  class MyTag(grok.Tag):
      grok.name('mytag') # automatic
      auto = False # defults to True

If "auto" is not True, 'tagname' must be included in 'include_tags' to
be activated. Otherwise it's activated unless in 'exclude_tags'.

The grok.grok() call should also accept "include_tags" and
"exclude_tags" optional parameters.

-1 to grok.devel(), unless as alias to grok.tag('devel'), where
'devel' would be an already existing grok.Tag with auto=False.

Not sure whether I'd prefer the grok.Tag declarations to be mandatory.
It'd avoid typos on tag names, but perhaps it would be too much
explicit configuration. Unless we have enough pre-configured tags to
cover most cases ('on', 'off', 'devel', 'test'...).

Cheers, Leo