[Grok-dev] Re: grok directive for only grokking during development mode

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Feb 7 10:09:42 EST 2008

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Christian Theune wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Martijn Faassen schrieb:
>>> <grok:grok package="." include_tags="a b" exclude_tags="c d" />
>> On the base of `use what is there`, didn't ZCML have a `feature` mechanism?
>
> zcml has conditionals you can use for this purpose.

Both of you are right :)

ZCML lets you defined abstract features, e.g.:

You can then check for such a feature using zcml:condition:

   <foo zcml:condition="have devmode" />

I think it would indeed be nice to reuse this, especially since we're
not using the ZCML machinery for grokkers underneath anyway.