[Grok-dev] Re: newbie's first problematic experience with grok 11.1

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Feb 8 12:42:26 EST 2008

Hi there,

Alia wrote:
> I've just started to try to experiment with Grok, but I think there
> seems to be an issue with the latest version of grok 11.1 dependency on
> some of the other modules. Here's my sequence of commands :

Thanks for this feedback! I just tried running grokproject on Linux, and
it installed the 0.11.1 version without problems. It's really mysterious
it seems to be getting the wrong versions of things in your case. I just
tested in Windows, and grokproject works there as well for me.

Did you install grokproject a while ago, or very recently? If you have
an old (pre 0.11) version of grokproject on your system, it won't use a
standardized list of dependencies yet. That could explain these errors.

You can update grokproject using: easy_install -U grokproject