[Grok-dev] Grok release checklist

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Feb 25 13:58:12 EST 2008

Hi there,

In the process of adding in support for z3c.autoinclude to Grok and
grokproject, I noticed we have a number of things we shouldn't forget
when we are releasing:

* we need to release the new grokproject

* we need to tell people to 'easy_install -U grokproject' so that
   people get the version that uses the new functionality.

* we need to make sure we update the following pages on our site:

   http://grok.zope.org/project/releases

   The individual underlying release page for this version

   The upgrade notes: http://grok.zope.org/project/upgrade-notes

Someone needs to start maintaining a checklist (beyond the one for
general packages that's already here):

http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/releasing-software

Any volunteers? I propose we put the checklist on grok.zope.org as well.